Lumia 920 & Telstra EasyTouch® 4G among Telstra's Christmas Products
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Sydney (PRWEB) November 14, 2012
High-speed 4G technology, touch-screen tablets and pre-paid mobile devices are set to top wish lists this holiday season with Telstra unveiling a range of exciting new products in the lead up to Christmas. The festive offering will see Telstra expand its 4G range by introducing products including the Nokia Lumia 920, the Windows Phone 8X by HTC and Telstra EasyTouch® 4G – a mobile designed for first-time smartphone owners.
Andrew Volard, Director, Telstra Mobile, said to cater for customers’ growing demand for high-speed mobile connectivity, Telstra will offer up to 19 4G LTE products across a variety of affordable price points this Christmas.
“Our customers are already using more than 800,000 4G devices to browse the web faster, stream music and watch online video and we think a lot of Aussies will look to trade up to 4G technology this Christmas.”
Mr Volard said Christmas was also traditionally a time when customers flock to pre-paid smartphones and mobile broadband. As such Telstra will bolster its range with the launch of the Telstra Frontier 4G – Australia’s first 4G smartphone created especially for pre-paid customers – and a unique mobile broadband device that’s both a USB modem and a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot capable of connecting up to 5 Wi-Fi devices at a time.
According to Mr Volard mobile tablets will also be a major gift category.
“We typically see a big increase in demand for tablets over Christmas. This year will be no exception and we think the recently-launched Telstra 4G Tablet will prove popular among tech-savvy families. In the home we expect T-Hub® 2 – our combination home phone and tablet – will make a great gift for households looking to stay connected, organised and entertained.”
New products unveiled today
Available in-store from today, The Telstra EasyTouch 4G is designed especially for first-time smartphone owners. It features on-screen guides and four specially-designed widgets with buttons that take owners to the most commonly used phone features. The Telstra Easy Touch 4G comes with Telstra’s Blue Tick which means it is recommended by Telstra for use in rural and regional handheld mobile coverage areas. With 4G compatibility customers can send emails or upload pictures at ultra-fast speeds when in 4G coverage areas.
• 4 specially-designed widgets put daily tasks at customers’ fingertips
• Easy to read with large 4.3-inch touchscreen and simplified menus
• Quality 8 mega-pixel camera with LED Flash to capture priceless moments The Telstra EasyTouch 4G is available from 13 November for no additional handset repayment after using an MRO bonus on a $60 Every Day Connect Plan over 24 months (Min cost $1,440). It is also available outright for $456 RRP.
The Telstra Frontier 4G is Australia’s first 4G smartphone designed especially for Pre-Paid customers. It lets owners tap into ultra-fast mobile speeds when browsing the web, uploading photos and streaming music and video in 4G coverage areas.
Despite its small $299 price tag the Frontier includes big features like a large 4 inch touch screen, access to more than 600,000 apps and games from the Google Play™ store, and HD Voice technology that enables crisper, clearer calls when chatting to friends that have HD Voice compatible handsets on the Telstra Mobile Network. It’s all wrapped up in a stylish and compact design.
• Powered by Android™ 4.0 providing easy access to the best of Google’s mobile services like Gmail™, Google Maps™ and Google Search.
• Quick 1.5 GHz dual core processor for switching between multiple apps, games and video
• 5 mega-pixel camera with LED Flash
• Comes with Telstra’s Blue Tick which means it is recommended by Telstra for use in rural and regional handheld mobile coverage areas.
The Telstra Frontier 4G is available from 27 November for $299 RRP. Customers can team it with a range of Pre-Paid plans including Telstra’s Pre-Paid Cap Encore™ offer that provides Cap Credit that can be used for talk and text to standard Australian and international numbers, an included data allowance and for recharges of $30 or more, free talk and text every night to standard Australian numbers between 6pm–6am.
Launching today, the Telstra Pre-Paid 3G USB+Wi-Fi is the first mobile broadband device in Australia to act as both a USB modem and a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot that can connect up to 5 Wi-Fi devices at a time when plugged into a USB drive or included AC adaptor.
• Connect up to 5 Wi-Fi devices simultaneously including compatible smartphones, tablets or laptops.
• Windows and Mac compatible with auto installation from the modem so you can get started quickly
• Telstra Mobile Network coverage means you can get online in more places Telstra Pre-Paid 3G USB+Wi-Fi is available for $59 RRP from 13 November. It comes with 2GB of data to use in Australia (with a 30 day expiry).
4G Network Speeds: Customers can experience typical download speeds from 2Mbps – 40Mbps, and typical upload speeds from 1Mbps – 10Mbps which are initially available in all capital CBDs (meaning within 5km from GPO), associated airports and selected regional locations (meaning 3km from regional town centre). Speeds vary due to factors such as location, distance from the base station, local terrain, user numbers, hardware & software configuration and download source/upload destination. If multiple users access the device, the typical speed range per user will be reduced.
Visit http://www.telstra.com/mobilebbcoverage for details of coverage locations.
Android, Gmail, Google Play and Google Maps marks are trademarks of Google Inc. TM trade mark and ® Registered trade mark of Telstra Corporation Ltd.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/11/prweb10126771.htm
(c) 2012 PRWEB.COM Newswire
[ Back To LatinAmerica.tmcnet.com's Homepage's Homepage ]